Beware of All October’s Strangers
The ghouls, goblins and ghosties
come out to be creepy and sneaky
about my gardens rows and hedgies.
Lock up the cat, chain down the dogies.
Tell all the children to beware!
October’s wind blows in
terrible creatures with long nosies,
fingers and toesies.
They sniff around for sweet tender bitys
of all thing young and growsin’.
Hang lavenders and apples
over the windows,
throw salt and sages
under all the fences.
Go inside behind locked doors
and drink toastie
of hot coca and marshmallow roasties,
laugh so loud and cheery
you scare away the fierest ghoulies,
goblins and ghosties!
Carol Carlisle 10/12/13
Reposting For JNW Halloween Challenge Bobbing for Apples
Lens and Pens Phoneography Challenge is Macro Photography. I submit this ghoulie witch I found hiding in the leaves on my garden. I didn’t even notice her until I came inside to play with the pictures. It took just a little Photo Toaster magic to make her appear.
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | Far from Done
- You Know You’re in Africa When. . . | A Really Full Life
- Daily Prompt: We’re not in Kansas anymore! | Reinvention of Mama
- Literary Detours in the Classroom | Expressions
- Saturn is a God !! | The Seminary of Praying Mantis
- Passion: Blogging From The Bulldozer | Wise Counsel
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | littlegirlstory
- You Blogged Where? How was the signal? | cagedbutterfly1
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a strange land | La chica de la burbuja
- Stranger in my own home | JC Bride ~
- The strange mundane | All work and quite a lot of play
- Daily Prompt; Blogger in a Strange Land | terry1954
- A Stranger Walks Up to Me | angieinspired
- Daily Prompt: Blogger in a Strange Land | lifebeinggirly