The waves at our edge of the Bay were white and foamy
fog was rolling in on the western shore.
After snapping pictures of children and dogs
romping in the surf,
a tiny crab tangled in sea weed,
I felt the need to be included,
I turned the camera on myself,
lined my fluffy hair up with foaming waves and clicked.
I had not heard the term “selfie” then
I just knew I wanted to record
that I had been at this place at this time
on this bright day.
I have included
a whiff of sharp exotic air
blown in through the Golden Gate
from Shanghai, Bangkok, and Singapore.
Weekly Photo Challenge Selfie Writes: “A selfie doesn’t have to be all about you; it can reveal much more, given the elements you choose to include.” I hope I took you along on my day at the beach.
One of these days I’ll learn to do a selfie that doesn’t included a view up my nose. 😉 Any suggestion on how to do that would be appreciated.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Giulia Bernini photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | MixerUpper.com
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Cee’s Photography
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfies | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: SELFIE | Francine In Retirement
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Selfie | The numpty with a camera and a laptop
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Tim Wolverson – Photo Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Destino
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Selfie | buntscheck
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Selfie | Wind Against Current